One of the best options for casino players to deposit and withdraw money in a UK online casino is PayPal.
With its wide reach, top-notch security, convenience, and popularity, PayPal is a great choice to use for doing money transfers in online casinos.
But PayPal casinos are a little hard to come by, even in countries like the UK, Germany, and Ireland, where PayPal is extremely popular.
This is partly due to the stringent standards that PayPal has set for its association with betting websites. The upshot is that only the best online casinos support PayPal, which can be used as one of the yardsticks when looking to play in a top online casino.
In this page we present our PayPal casino guide and a list of top UK casinos that accept PayPal as a payment option.
Top PayPal Casino UK Sites in May 2021
|100% bonus of up to £100 + 200 Spins |
18+ Full T&C's Apply New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins on preselected games will be credited instantly + then 20 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. Always refer to Bonus Terms - - www.begambleaware.org
|Play||UKGC, MGA licence | Great jackpot slots | Massive Live casino section | Payment options like PayPal, Boku, Paysafecard, Trustly, MiFinity, MuchBetter, ecoPayz | Customer support via phone, email, live-chat|
|100% Bonus of up to £100 + 300 Spins New players only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. bonus valid for 14 days. 30 spins on preselected games will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days. Free spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max free spins winnings £100. ewallets excluded. (T&Cs)||Play||UKGC, MGA licence | Top gaming providers, hundreds of games | Must Fall Jackpots | Payment options include PayPal, Boku, Paysafecard, Trustly, ecoPayz, Jeton | Multilingual website | Customer support on phone, live chat, and email|
|100% bonus of up to £100 + 10 Spins (T&Cs)||Play||UKGC, MGA licence | Great slots selection | Virtual-Sport games | Payment options such as PayPal, Pay By Phone with PayviaPhone, Paysafecard, Trustly, etc. | Customer support via live chat and email|
|100% up to £50 Bonus +|
50 Starburst Spins (T&Cs)
|UKGC, MGA, Danish licence | Great Slots and Live casino section | Great promotions and bonuses | Payment options include PayPal, Skrill, Paysafecard, Neteller, Astropay | Customer support on Live chat and email|
|50 Spins (No wagering) (T&Cs)||Play|
|UKGC, MGA, Danish licence | 3000+ casino games | Massive live casino section | Varied payment options including PayPal, Paysafecard, Citadel, Skrill | Multilingual website | Live chat and email support|
|100% up to £100 Bonus + 150 Spins + |
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 15 Spins on Gonzo's Quest game will be credited instantly + then 15 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. Refer to Bonus Terms - www.begambleaware.org
|Play||UKGC, MGA, Swedish licence | 1300+ games | Many sundry games such as DreamCatcher | Phone and email customer support|
|100% bonus of up to £100 + 300 Spins |
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins on preselected games will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. www.begambleaware.org
|Play||UKGC, MGA licence | 1300+ Casino games | Huge Live casino section | Numerous jackpot games | Payment options like PayPal, Boku, Trustly, MuchBetter, Skrill, Jeton | Customer support via phone and email|
|25 Spins on Gonzo's Quest on 1st deposit #AD. New players only. Wagering occurs from real balance first. 50x wagering the bonus or any winnings generated from free spins, contribution may vary per game. Available on selected games only. The wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only. Bonus is valid for 30 Days/ free spins valid for 7 days from issue. Max conversion: 3 times the bonus amount or from free spins: $/£/€ 20. Excluded Skrill deposits. (T&Cs)||Play||UKGC, MGA licence | Long list of providers include NetEnt, Microgaming, Blueprint Gaming, Quickspin, Elk, Inspired Gaming, NextGen Gaming, Play N Go, Scientific Games | Live Casino by Evolution | Virtual Sports Games | Payment options include PayPal, Trustly PayViaPhone, iDeal, BitBay, Sofort, Giropay | 24/7 Live chat and email support|
|100% bonus of up to £100 + 200 Spins |
18+ Full T&C's Apply New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins on preselected games will be credited instantly + then 20 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. Always refer to Bonus Terms - www.begambleaware.org
|Play||UKGC, MGA licence | 1300+ games | Top gaming providers | Great Live casino games | Payment options include PayPal, Boku, Paysafecard, Trustly, Jeton, ecoPayz | 24/7 multilingual customer service|
|100% upto €200 Bonus||Play||UKGC, MGA, Danish, Swedish licence | 3000+ casino games | Superb variety and gaming providers | Many jackpot slots | Evolution Gaming and NetEnt powered live casino | Payment options include PayPal, Paysafecard, Apple Pay, Neteller, Skrill | Phone, live chat and email support|
|100% up to £100 + 100 Spins|
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins on Starburst games will be credited instantly + then 20 per day for 4 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. Always read Bonus Terms - www.begambleaware.org
|Play||UKGC, MGA, Swedish licence | Over 1250 games | Mega jackpot games | Top gaming providers | Payment options include PayPal, Boku, Paysafecard, MiFinity, MuchBetter, Trustly | Phone and email customer support|
|20 Free Spins - No Deposit sign-up Bonus & up to £400 in Welcome Bonus Offers + 100 Spins|
18+ New Customers only. Casino welcome bonus must be selected on sign-up. Eligibility requirements apply. Please read full T&C's. Play Responsibly. www.begambleaware.org (T&Cs)
|Play||UKGC, MGA, Swedish, Danish licence | 1500+ Casino games | Award-winning casino | Casino mobile app | New games every week | Payment options include PayPal, Apple Pay, Trustly, Skrill, Neteller | 24-hour live customer support via chat, phone and email|
Mr. Play Casino
|100% up to £200 Bonus +|
100 Spins (T&Cs)
|Play||UKGC, MGA, Swedish licence | Great live casino games | Online sports betting | Virtual sports betting | Payment options include PayPal, Paysafecard, Astropay, Skrill, Neteller | Multilingual website | 24/7 Live chat and email support|
PayPal Casino Guide
- About PayPal Casino
- How to Deposit in a PayPal Casino UK
- How to Withdraw Casino Funds with PayPal
- Advantages of Using PayPal in Online Casinos
- PayPal Slots
- Things to consider when using PayPal for Gambling
- PayPal Casino UK Fees
- PayPal Safety and Security
- Alternatives to PayPal for Gambling
- PayPal Casino FAQ
About PayPal Casino Sites
PayPal was founded around the turn of the century, with Elon Musk as one of its founder members. Acquired by eBay in 2002, PayPal has only continued to grow, and today is used by millions of users to make online payments in over 20 currencies. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK and operates in more than 200 countries.
PayPal’s popularity, security, and ease of use makes it an excellent choice for making payments in online casinos, especially in countries where gambling is legalised.
If you already have a PayPal account, things couldn’t be easier for you. But even if you do not, or want to have a separate PayPal account to be used exclusively for casino gaming, it takes only a few minutes to get everything set up and running.
PayPal casino UK sites are usually top drawer, UKGC-licensed, and are among the best choice for both new and seasoned players alike. Thanks to some major benefits that PayPal offers over the other payment methods, British punters prefer making PayPal deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
How to Deposit in a PayPal Casino UK
To start using PayPal in a casino you’ll first need to have a PayPal account. Opening a PayPal account is free, easy, and can be set up in a few minutes by visiting the PayPal website.
Once you are a PayPal member, simply add your debit card or your online bank account that should be used to fund your PayPal account.
You’re all set to start using PayPal to deposit funds in your online casino!
- Head over to the Cashier section of your PayPal casino.
- Choose PayPal from the listed payment methods.
- Enter the amount to deposit and submit your request.
- You’ll be taken to the PayPal’s website where you will need to login with your details and approve the transaction.
- Once authenticated, the money will be added in your casino balance almost instantly.
Note: Due to regulation, UK players are prohibited to use credit cards for gambling. So, even if you already have a credit card added in your PayPal account, please do not use it as a funding source for gambling.
How to Withdraw Casino Funds with PayPal
Withdrawing funds from a PayPal casino UK is very easy and one of the fastest ways to get hold of your winnings. Before making any withdrawal please make sure that the amount is eligible for withdrawal (complies with the casino’s withdrawal limits) and you have your KYC complete with the casino. This will ensure that your payments are cleared faster.
- Go to your cashier section and select the Withdraw option.
- Select PayPal from the listed payment withdrawal options.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Submit your cashout request and you’re done.
The money will appear in your PayPal account immediately once the casino approves your cashout request. Top PayPal casino UK sites usually process the payments in or under one business day.
Advantages of Using PayPal in Online Casinos
We list below the many advantages of using PayPal as a payment method in UK and European casinos:
- PayPal guarantees safe, secure deposits and withdrawals. It offers several security features such as Fraud Protection and Advanced Data Encryption so that your account isn’t misused.
- PayPal casino deposits are instant, but more importantly the withdrawal times are also very less. In many cases you can have your casino payouts in your PayPal account within 24 hours.
- Most casinos have very large deposit and withdrawal limits for PayPal. This makes it a great option for high rollers or when withdrawing a large winning.
- Your banking details remain hidden at casinos as you’ll only be using your PayPal login credentials when depositing or withdrawing funds.
- PayPal has tremendous reach and offers multi-currency support including the British Pound and Euros.
- Zero transaction fee at most PayPal UK casinos.
- PayPal is mobile friendly and offers a mobile app that tightly integrates with online payment processors. This means that when you’re playing in a mobile casino and initiate a PayPal transaction, you’ll be able to do so easily.
- Almost all PayPal casino UK sites are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, and so you’ll get the extra protection and safety of playing in a UK-licensed casino.
- PayPal offers apps for iOS and Android mobile devices. PayPal’s One Touch feature keeps you logged-in to your PayPal account for a while without you having to re-enter your login details. This makes it very convenient to use it from your mobile, and you can enjoy your favourite games without interruptions.
Slot sites that accept PayPal are on the rise, especially in the UK. Depositing in PayPal slots site is fast, easy and secure, and you’ll be able to play hundreds of online slots instantly. Majority of PayPal slot sites have generous deposit and withdrawal limits, and so PayPal is a favourite among the high rollers too.
If you’re wondering what in the world are PayPal Slots, then the simple answer is, it’s just another term for regular online slots that you can play for real-money by making PayPal deposits.
But what are these PayPal Slot Sites? Again, they’re simply online casinos that support PayPal as a payment method and have a great selection of slot games. Since almost all the PayPal casinos have a good range of slot games, we can use the terms PayPal casino and PayPal Slots Site interchangeably.
Most Popular PayPal Slots
By depositing with PayPal you can fund your casino account instantly, and start playing your favourite PayPal slot games in the UK. Here are some top PayPal slots for May 2021:
- Starburst (NetEnt)
- Gonzo’s Quest (NetEnt)
- Mega Moolah (Microgaming)
- Twin Spin (NetEnt)
- Fire Joker(Play N Go)
You can play the above games, as well as hundreds of other top slots in the PayPal slots sites listed at the top of this page.
Things to consider when using PayPal for Gambling
As we said earlier, PayPal is a great choice for payments at online casinos. However, finding casinos that accept PayPal can be hard as not many casinos are able to offer it. Country regulations and licensing issues play a part here, and many countries where online gambling is still unregulated do not allow PayPal to be used for gambling.
The UK and Ireland are the two major countries in Europe where PayPal casinos are legal and extremely popular. Since our above featured casinos are UKGC licensed and regulated, they are able to offer PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal method for the UK players.
It’s also worth noting that PayPal’s Buyer Protection program, wherein PayPal payments are eligible for reimbursement, does not apply to “gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize”.
PayPal Casino UK Fees
Most PayPal casinos in the UK do not levy any charges for PayPal deposits and withdrawals. However, there are some casinos that do charge a fee. You can find about the transaction fees by quickly opening a live chat session with the casino’s customer support, or by browsing the casino website’s payments, or the terms and conditions section.
As for PayPal’s own charges, it is free to use PayPal for making domestic payments or for commercial transactions unless there’s a currency conversion involved. Also, there is zero fee for withdrawing your PayPal funds to your bank account or card as long as there’s no currency conversion involved.
PayPal Safety and Security
One of the reasons for PayPal’s popularity are their stringent safety and security standards. This, in turn means that players depositing and withdrawing in PayPal casinos are protected by a host of PayPal’s safety measures. These include advanced security tools such as PayPal’s Fraud Protection and Data Encryption.
PayPal’s Fraud Protection system monitors all transactions 24/7 to prevent fraud, email phishing and identity theft. Furthermore, every PayPal transaction is encrypted using their advanced encryption technology.
Alternatives to PayPal for Gambling
Skrill and Neteller: These are eWallets very similar to PayPal and are hugely popular in online casinos. Unlike PayPal which can be hard to find outside of UK casinos, you’ll find that Skrill and Neteller are supported in almost all European online casinos. Both of these are part of the giant PaySafe Group and offer fast, safe, and convenient ways to play for real money in online casinos.
Trustly: If you’re looking for something different from eWallets then instant banking solutions such as Trustly are a great option. Trustly is widely supported in European and UK casino sites and offer safe, instant, and fast transfers directly from and to your bank account.
Pay By Phone Bill: If you’re in the UK, Finland, Sweden, or Germany, then you can use your phone bill to deposit funds safely and quickly in Pay By Phone Casinos. Service such as Boku and Zimpler allow you to make casino deposits that are charged to your monthly phone bill.
PayPal Casino FAQ
- Which countries allow PayPal in online casinos?
- Due to ever-changing regulations, PayPal’s reach is constantly increasing. However, it’s best to ask the PayPal casino’s customer support whether your country is supported for PayPal transactions. PayPal is very popular in the UK and Ireland, while some European countries such as Germany and Sweden do not allow PayPal to be used for online casino deposits and withdrawals.
- How long does PayPal deposits and withdrawals take in UK online casinos? ?
- PayPal casino UK deposits are instant, and you should see the money in your casino account in seconds. PayPal withdrawals are also instant, but depending on a casino’s ‘withdrawal processing time’ this can take up to a few hours in even the fastest payout casinos.
- Are there any PayPal deposit/withdrawal limits at online casinos?
- Most casino’s minimum deposit with PayPal ranges from £€10 to £€20, and maximum deposit with PayPal can range from £€1000 to £€5000 per transaction.
- Which currencies are allowed for PayPal payments in the UK casinos?
- PayPal supports 96 countries and 24 currencies including GBP and Euro, so you can be pretty sure there won’t be an issue when it comes to playing in an online casino in your local currency. Moreover, if the casino does not list your currency, you can still use PayPal, and it will convert the money at the current exchange rate for a small fee.
- Can I use PayPal in a mobile casino?
- Absolutely. The PayPal functionality and ways to fund and withdraw from your mobile casino account remain the same as on a computer. PayPal offers mobile apps for both Android and iPhones for seamless online transactions.
- Can I use a credit card to fund my PayPal account to gamble online?
- If you’re not in the UK, or playing in a casino not licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, then you can use a credit card to fund your PayPal account for gambling purpose. UKGC online casinos cannot accept funds originating from credit cards, even indirectly.
- Which games can I play in a PayPal Casino?
- You can play the entire range of real money casino games in PayPal casinos. Slots are the most popular, but classic table games such as Blackjack, Poker and Roulette are also the eternal favourites. The best PayPal Online Casinos host the complete range of games, including Live Dealer Games.
- Can I claim the Welcome Bonus if I deposit with PayPal?
- Many UK online casinos do allow you to claim Welcome Bonus when depositing with PayPal. This is another advantage of PayPal over other eWallets such as Skrill and Neteller that are mostly disqualified from bonus promotions. However, you must read the casino’s terms and conditions to be sure if it allows deposits by PayPal for claiming a bonus.
- Any alternatives to PayPal to gamble online?